Thursday, July 09, 2015

New articles, new outlet

Yesterday I spent a little time reading over old posts. Until January 2008, I posted a lot of articles about various facets of sustainable landscaping and living. There were a few personal posts, too: announcing the adoption of Folsom the Dog, that a NativeBabe was on the way, and the arrival of NativeSage. After her birth, my posts became more about scheduling updates and notifications about updates to the website. B-O-R-I-N-G. The biggest surprise to me was that my writing style has changed. Without realizing it, I and my writing grew up a lot since I became Mommy.

Most of the articles back then were written for two magazines, a Dallas-area high-end home decor publication and an online women's lifestyle ezine. I posted links to my Earth Mother column in the women's ezine -- which is now defunct and the articles were not archived online. Maybe I will ask permission from both publishers to reprint to this blog. Or maybe I will simply forge ahead with new work, and a new "voice."

I am thrilled to announce that I am writing new content for WWN Rockport. My column is Texas Treehugger. If you would like to follow me, please go their website and subscribe to the free e-newsletter: http://www.wwnrockport.com. The first piece is titled "Planning and Planting Ahead for Hummingbird Season." Here's the link: http://www.wwnrockport.com/2015/06/plants-attract-hummingbirds-planting.html

The second piece will be published in this week's edition which goes out today. I hope you will enjoy reading my work and will share with your loved ones.

Words, even my words, can not describe how happy I am to be back, y'all. Thank you for your continued encouragement of our mission to restore Texas with native plants. Conserve, preserve, restore and celebrate Nature!

No comments: