Sunday, March 04, 2007

An Historic Event

Yesterday, I lost my will to speak. I know, I know, those of you who have met me know I'm no stranger to conversation. But yesterday after Shades of Green's Open House I found myself in unfamiliar territory: I was talked out. Alert the media, because this has never before happened to me. I still had a voice but not the power nor desire to use it. This was such a profound, extraodinary event, that David called my mom (who lives in Kentucky), my dad, his mom, his dad, and anyone else he could think of to share the news: Christy has finally talked herself silent.

The nursery's open house turned out to be a great success. Many people attended the seminars conducted by the wonderful Collin County Master Gardeners. A boatload of volunteers from one of my favorite garden clubs, Frisco Garden Club, arrived to distribute raffle tickets and perform other organizational duties. Reps from Plano's Master Composter program were set up next to us -- lovely ladies. Jan and Ruby can always be counted on by the City of Plano.

Several of our clients met Keith of Appealing Gardens to pick out plants. One of the highlights of my day was meeting Kirsten, one of the Master Gardeners in attendance. We have multiple things in common, and I hope to slosh around opinions again soon. Another highlight was meeting new people from all over our county and outlying areas. I had the privilege of having many interesting conversations with Shades of Green staff and existing clientele as well as new prospective clients. Fabulous day, despite wearing out my will to speak.

Next Saturday we will be speaking at Petal Pusher's Garden Emporium in Cedar Hill. Our presentation titled "Going Native, Texas Style" will begin at 10:30am. Saturday and Sunday, March 17th and 18th, we will be at North Haven Gardens from 11am to 2pm for FREE 15-minute consultations. Hope to see you soon...

No comments: